Monday, January 21, 2008

Outdoor water features beautify your environment.















Outdoor water features beautify your environment.

12/18/2007 12:38:27 PM

I have had an outdoor pond for many years. I loved it. At least I did until my grandson fell in one day and scared me half to death. Now I'm in the process of building a pondless waterfall. I built up a small hill in one corner and after I put the pond liner down one side I set the stones in. I planted bushes and flowers all around and added other rocks that I felt were interesting. That's about as far as I've gotten so far. I love outdoor water features. I grew up on an island so I'm used to lots of water and trees. I have been trying to recreate that feeling here on the prairies. I've decided that building backyard waterfalls is not an easy thing to do but outdoor water features look beautiful and are very relaxing. I also put in a dry bed stream leading away from the waterfall. I need to do a little more research to get the rest of it done properly. I'm actually thinking of adding a few more outdoor water features by using solar fountains elsewhere in my backyard.

outdoor water features

posted by Petriemiller

No comments: